How to Get Rid of Backne
Is there anything worse than dealing with acne on the back (commonly known as “backne”)?
Backne can be stubborn, embarrassing and often requiring more involved treatment than facial acne, even though the underlying causes are the same.
How to Treat Backne
Getting rid of Backne begins with gentle, anti-acne skincare products that cleanse, help control acne and prevent future breakouts, plus cut through excess oil to unclog pores, and banish bumps. The trick is to follow an anti-acne routine consistently, the usual acne drum – be patient!
The best Backne products are fragrance-free and don’t contain ingredients that irritate the skin (these can increase irritation and redness). Please avoid acne skincare products that contain denatured alcohol, menthol, all forms of mint, eucalyptus, lavender, and sulphur.
Instead, use gentle products formulated with proven acne-fighting ingredients such as Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) salicylic acid. And here’s where you may need a helping hand…
- Cleanse your back with a gentle fragrance-free non-soap body wash.
- Apply a lotion medicated with BHA Salicylic Acid to fight existing acne and prevent future breakouts.
- Spot treatments can help with emerging bumps
- Salicylic acid can also help fade the look of post-acne marks, making it an all-around superstar ingredient for fighting acne.
- Use a mattifying sunscreen if you MUST expose your back to the sun
- At night use a fresh clean T-Shirt (avoiding cross-contamination)
Your Backne could benefit from a series of LED Blue Light Treatments.
The specific wavelength of blue LED light emitted kills a major trigger of acne pimples while calming skin at the same time. There’s also research showing it can diminish oily skin.
Blue LED light treats the culprit of acne – P. Acne Bacteria. LED “zaps” the bacteria and stops it flourishing. Initially, two to three treatments for the first two weeks helps control your outbreak with weekly maintenance treatments for four weeks.
This can be combined with targeted active treatments using Mandelic peels and Purifying Mask
“Backne” can be helped with time, patience, and the right treatment program.
Call us today for your Complete Skin Consult and let’s help you make Backne one less thing for you to worry about!