Laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal treatments are a great way to permanently remove unwanted facial and body hair.
However, to avoid unwanted reactions and to understand what is happening after your hair removal session here are a few helpful
After your treatment, it’s normal to feel a sensation of warmth in the area – a bit like a mild sunburn.
Your skin may also appear red in colour and the area around the follicle may become raised, these are normal side effects usually disappear 24 to 48 hours.
Often these effects are more obvious after the first few sessions when hair in the area is thick and coarse. Over the course of your treatment’s your hair begins to thin out and become finer.
24-48 hrs DIRECTLY AFTER your session
- Wear loose cotton clothing
- Avoid touching the skin in the treatment area
- Avoid the gym, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool
- When showering/bathing keep water tepid/lukewarm
- Avoid doing all forms of physical exercise
- Apply mineral makeup only after all facial laser hair removal treatments
- Apply SPF50+ to all treatment areas that are exposed to UV light, cover areas where possible
What to do in the WEEKS IN BETWEEN your sessions
- Gently exfoliate the skin in the treatment area 4-5 days after treatment. Dead or dry skin can sometimes cause slight redness after treatment so keeping your skin in tip-top condition.
- If your hair begins to regrow in between sessions, you can shave – this is the only form of hair removal allowed during your course of treatments.
- Avoid exposing your treatment area to sun, fake tans or sunbeds throughout your course of treatment
- Always apply SFP 50+ sunscreen if your treatment areas are exposed to UV light
- Stop applying fake tan to your treatment areas 14 days before your next session
- Inform us if you begin taking any medications throughout your course
- Return for your next session within the time frame recommended by your therapist
What you do after your hair removal session is as important as the preparation before.
It’s vital you follow all aftercare advice as this prevents any adverse reactions from your hair removal treatments.
If you have any further questions regarding permanent hair removal, please do not hesitate to contact us Our dedicated team of hair removal specialists are on hand to answer any of your questions.