Winter is the time you plan for summer. If you want to be summer ready – hair free, skin smooth and free of sun damage then you need to start planning now.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is your go to for a range of treatments including permanent hair reduction and skin rejuvenation. IPL works by using high-intensity pulses of visible light to improve the appearance of the skin, treat specific skin concerns and remove hair.
It does this by targeting the lower layers of skin (dermis) without affecting the top layers of skin (epidermis). So, you receive a non-invasive and non-ablative treatment that’s the perfect choice for treating all forms of sun damage, reddened faces, broken capillaries, ageing skin concerns and, of course, for your hair removal needs.
And in winter we can target ALL these concerns because…
- Embrace your pale. Channel your inner Nicole Kidman! During winter our skin’s colouring is paler and this is ideal for ALL IPL treatments. The greater the contrast between skin and what we are targeting the better the
- It’s all in the timing… As you may need between 4 to 8 treatments every 4 to 6 weeks you can time your treatments so come summer your swimmer ready. And that “Let’s go for a dip” won’t fill you with dread.
- Hair Growth is Slower – There seems to be a wealth of anecdotal evidence to suggest hair grows faster in summer. In winter our hair goes into hibernation and this is an ideal time to reduce unwanted hair.
- It’s COLD. The cooler weather helps with your recovery, while there’s little or no downtime treatments can leave the skin feeling warmer. The cooler weather allows your skin to repair and rejuvenate without the risk of sun exposure.
- Cover it up! After skin rejuvenation treatments there’s a period where your skin can look worse before it gets better (it’s called the milo effect). It’s much easier to cover up in winter and with gentle exfoliation and generous moisturising your skin will recover in record time.
Your winter treatment plan works with timely and consistent appointments. For hair removal multiple treatments are needed to target hair at the active growing stage. Your IPL therapist will guide you through how IPL works and when your treatments are needed.
And without the added risk of sun exposure allows your IPL treatments to be more intensive . And that means faster and safer results for you without the risk summer and sun exposure often poses.
With minimal downtime and a lower risk of sun exposure you’ll be able to see the noticeable results during the colder months that can sometimes be harder to see in high summer.
Before commencing any IPL treatment you’ll have a comprehensive consultation and patch test. This usually takes 30 minutes and is mandatory.
This winter we’re offering complimentary IPL consults ($50) please call 49578493 to arrange your appointment and discover how IPL can make your life so much simpler.